DEATH, THRASH, BLACK, HEAVY, DOOM AND ROCK METAL ZINE

- REVIEWS, REPORTS, INTERVIEWS - SUPPORT METAL UNDERGROUND

sobota 14. října 2017

Home » » Recenze/review - PAGAN ALTAR - The Room Of Shadows (2017)

Recenze/review - PAGAN ALTAR - The Room Of Shadows (2017)


PAGAN ALTAR - The Room Of Shadows
CD 2017, Temple of Mystery Records

for english please scroll down

Už dlouhá léta miluji atmosféru starých opuštěných katedrál. Procházím se mezi klenutými oblouky, naslouchám dávným příběhům. Čtu si ve freskách, čichám zatuchlinu hrobek. Slyším tichý šepot věřících, potřebuji zklidnit svoji mysl. Otáčím volume na svém přehrávači a nechávám se unášet na vlnách nové desky PAGAN ALTAR.

Doom heavy metaloví mohykáni, s úžasným vokálem mistra Terryho Jonese, který již bohužel není mezi námi. Příběh jedné legendy, hudba z vyšších sfér, magická esence okultních obřadů. Zhudebněné ozvěny, příběhy ze záhrobí. "The Room Of Shadows" ke mě promlouvá vznešeně a kovově.




"The Room Of Shadows" je dílem ze starých dobrých časů, u poslechu zavzpomínáme na MANILLA ROAD, BLACK SABBATH, CIRITH UNGOL, PENTAGRAM, TROUBLE. Album je ošetřeno perfektním zvukem i obalem. Hlavní je ale hudební obsah a tady si nejde novinku nezamilovat. Připomíná mi rozjímání nad ohmatanými gramodeskami. PAGAN ALTAR v sobě mají neskutečnou sílu, jiskřivost temných stínů. Jsou smutní, připomínají mi chorály z podsvětí. Riffy až bolestivě řežou, rozkládají mě na malé částečky, aby mě následně zase slepili v ledový celek. Vždycky se budu klanět podobným kapelám, vždycky budu našlapovat tiše, když začnou hrát. Album mám již dlouho v předních řadách své soukromé diskografie. Povedlo se na výbornou. Heavy doomový křišťál, vybroušený k dokonalosti. Úžasná deska!


Asphyx says:

For years, I have been loving the atmosphere of old abandoned cathedrals. I am waling among the arched arches and I listen to old stories. I read the frescoes and smell the death in the tombs. I hear the quiet whisper of the believers, I need to calm down my mind. I turn up the volume on my player and I let myself to go with the waves of the new album by PAGAN ALTAR

Doom heavy metal Mohicans with great vocal of Terry Jones who sadly is no longer with us. A story of one legend, music from the higher spheres, the magic essence of occult ceremonies. Musical echoes, stories from the world beyond. “The Room Of Shadows” goes to me so majestically and metal.

“The Room Of Shadows” is an album of the ancient times and when you listen to this album you will remember bands like MANILLA ROAD, BLACK SABBATH, CIRITH UNGOL, PENTAGRAM, TROUBLE. The album has a great sound and cover. But the most important thing is the music content and you cannot help yourself but love this album. It feels like contemplation about old LPs. PAGAN ALTAR have an unbelievable great power and sparkle of dark shadows. They are sad, seem like chores from the world beyond. The riffs cut with pain, they break me up into small pieces to then put me together again into one frozen piece. I will always bow to similar bands, I will always worship similar bands, I will always idle quietly when they start to play. This album has been in the first lines of my personal discography. It is excellent. Heavy doom crystal which is polished to its perfection. Amazing album!

Tracklist:
1. Rising Of The Dead
2. The Portrait Of Dorian Gray
3. Danse Macabre
4. Dance Of The Vampires
5. The Room Of Shadows
6. The Ripper
7. After Forever

band:
Terry Jones: Vocals/ Alan Jones: Guitar/ William Gallagher: Bass/ Dean Alexander: Drums.

Share this games :

TWITTER